Hello and welcome to Bleach Clash.

Please register and join the fun

Character Templates can be found in the Character Creation section
Bleach Clash
Hello and welcome to Bleach Clash.

Please register and join the fun

Character Templates can be found in the Character Creation section
Bleach Clash
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach Clash

An Original Bleach RP

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hello all and welcome. Get started here < CLICK Very Happy Happy RP'ing everyone
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff
Godmodding: What is? Ichimaru-Waving
Admins
Click on the images below to link to staff profiles
Mage master
Valintine Moderators
OPEN
Latest topics
» Bleach: Era X
Godmodding: What is? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 9:36 am by Guest

» Bleach Dynasty RPG : New World
Godmodding: What is? EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 2:44 am by Guest

» Natsu Dragneel Role Play
Godmodding: What is? EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 2:01 am by Guest

» New Attendee
Godmodding: What is? EmptyFri May 16, 2014 2:50 am by Kyarojin Rosenthal

» Bend THIS! An AU Avatar Forum
Godmodding: What is? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:52 pm by Guest

» Naruto World war (Affiliate)
Godmodding: What is? EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 7:49 am by Guest

» Rising Wolf
Godmodding: What is? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 3:27 am by Guest

» Naruto Mirage!
Godmodding: What is? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:07 am by Guest

» Sao's AD
Godmodding: What is? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:09 pm by Guest

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 25 on Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:42 pm
Sister Site
One Piece Islands
Affiliates
free forum
Bleach Clash RP
Bleach Story Role-Play
House Of Demons
The Scratch Notebook
Naruto Mirage
The Writer's Forum
Bleach Platinum Hearts
A Myth No More

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com! Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com! Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com! Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Godmodding: What is?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Valintine

Valintine

Godmodding: What is? Empty
PostSubject: Godmodding: What is?   Godmodding: What is? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:33 pm

Okay. Well if one person had this question I'm sure others will. The question presented pertained to godmodding. So read through here and if any questions remain, or crop up, then feel free to post it:

So how do you spot godmodding? Well here this is one of Urban Dictionaries more helpful posts (just read the first as it includes examples) http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=god%20modding

We good so far? Delightful. Now then, one thing that most people I have come across have a hard time distinguishing between is COUNTERS and GODMODDING. Below I will provide an example of both. Now the example will be a bit extreme, but it will provide a clear picture of where the line is hopefully.

Spoiler:

The same person who asked the question about Godmodding also commented about people who never get hit. This in and of itself is also godmodding. Again, a big nono. You HAVE to get hit, be realistic here.

A point that wasn't asked or commented on, which should also be mentioned, is doing an abnormal amount of things in a single post. Doing two or three things in a post is fine. But doing ten different things at once is obnoxious and not happening. It's just not. You don't even have ten limbs. So forget about it.

Now...a VERY good point that was made was people taking very very little damage from an attack that was supposed to do a lot. This can be tricky, it's almost like a freaking art. Now I forget who it was....I think Dante....Maybe. I'm too lazy to care really, but I think it was him. ANYWAY, I digress. So, Dante has an ability that is something greater than a Gran Rey or something like that. What's the proper amount of damage to take from it? Well figure it like this: A little damage would be like taking a cero to the face, a moderate would be something like getting t-bagged by a couple of Ceros. And of course the full force is the full force.

So how do you know how little is too little? Look at the description of the attack. If it's obviously a big thing, your character should show some signs of damage. If it's just another blow, then it'll be acceptable to still come out without a scratch if you feel like it. It's a judgement call to be honest, but don't be STUPID. It's called COMMON SENSE, use it. Please.

Ahhh now I am forgetting that all I was going to write, so I'll leave it at this for now. But yeah....comment below if you have questions or need clarification or have an example that you feel may or may not be godmodding. I do hope this helps a bit though =3 Catch you all in the C-box!
Back to top Go down
Karasu

Karasu

PostSubject: Re: Godmodding: What is?   Godmodding: What is? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:06 pm

Hmm, whats really fun is when two people get locked in a counter attack battle until someone leaves a opening. Still I hate your characters Zan damn the cold and snow XD.
Back to top Go down
Valintine

Valintine

PostSubject: Re: Godmodding: What is?   Godmodding: What is? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Love it >) It loves you!
Back to top Go down
Kage Odoriko

Kage Odoriko

PostSubject: Re: Godmodding: What is?   Godmodding: What is? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:49 pm

Just feel like I have to add something here:

Metagaming

Quote from Wikipedia:

Quote :
Metagaming is a broad term usually used to define any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. Another definition refers to the game universe outside of the game itself.

In simple terms, it is the use of out-of-game information or resources to affect one's in-game decisions.

In role-playing games, a player is metagaming when they use knowledge that is not available to their character in order to change the way they play their character (usually to give them an advantage within the game), such as knowledge of the mathematical nature of character statistics, or the statistics of a creature that the player is familiar with but the character has never encountered. In general, it refers to any gaps between player knowledge and character knowledge which the player acts upon.

Lets face it, it's a form of godmodding. While this in particular isn't easy to prove, it's still not fun. Both combat topics and normal topics should be done around your characters knowledge. It makes things more realistic and, as said before, fun. Just don't do it.
Back to top Go down
Valintine

Valintine

PostSubject: Re: Godmodding: What is?   Godmodding: What is? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 3:30 pm

^Truth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Godmodding: What is?   Godmodding: What is? Empty

Back to top Go down

Godmodding: What is?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bleach Clash :: Rules, Questions and Getting Started :: Help Desk-
Jump to: